Sunday, May 23, 2010

summer break

hi, i'm summer vacation and i'm only a week long. lame. this was actually my favorite break in a long time. i had no cabinets to build, no websites to design, i just got to hang out the whole time. so fun. i still did my er shifts, and got my training done so i can get going on research when the summer semester starts. i'm a little stressed out just because every semester i am adding new stuff to my schedule, and i'm limited to 24 hours in a day. so now i have another 12-15 hours a week being added for research, and in the fall i'm going to be TAing, so that will add another 8 hours or so a week. plus AED will take a few hours a week, so extracurricular stuff is get up around 20-25 hours a week. kind of nuts. but if i can get through this next year, then i'll be applying and taking my MCAT and then i can just maintain for the next year and have things settle down a little bit, but it's just a lot of stress. so if i can survive straight weeks of getting home at 10:30 every night for a year, i should be okay. no problem right? hopefully i'll still have saturdays with my family, but i'm not holding my breath. i'm going to see if i can't get into the gym over the summer so i can work my gut down a little bit. i figure it would be sad to work for 12 years to be a doctor only to have a heart attack, so i might as well fit a little cardio in, maybe some toe touches, some jumping jacks, scissor kicks, lunges, jazzercise, pool aerobics...

No comments:

Post a Comment