Tuesday, February 23, 2010

brain fry


why do i do this to myself. i will spend 3 hours on one problem, just so i don't miss something on homework. technically it doesn't count for much, but i guess i justify it because i'm trying to understand the concept. but when you're doing the 4th derivative of tanx and the answer is \frac{12\cos^{5}\!\left(x\right)\sin\!\left(x\right)+24\sin^{3}\!\left(x\right)\cos^{3}\!\left(x\right)}{\cos^{8}\!\left(x\right)}+\frac{4\cos\!\left(x\right)\sin\!\left(x\right)}{\cos^{4}\!\left(x\right)}, and you're trying to enter that into the computer, it really makes me question my life. why can't my teacher just put problems on the homework that have to do with stuff that he's actually taught us. i mean he actually wants us to learn this stuff, and apply it, and take it to the next level? what's wrong with this guy. he's actually kind of funny. he's german, never combs his hair, wears 10 different color versions of the same sweatshirt, and says words like "exceedingly." but he also may be one of my favorite teachers. i never find myself looking at my watch in his class. spacibo herr alfeld.

today has just been frustrating, with feeling like i'm not getting calculus as much as i want to, to just being busy, to having more on my plate with AED (i get to design posters now that will be used to advertise special events), it's just whipped my little brain into a thick, creamy paste. then i take that frustration home with me and put it on my wife and kids. luckily they don't let me wallow in my self pity for long, and we end up having a gay old time, but still...lame. most of the time, i love school, but every once in a while, i have a day like this where the whole process just seems like it's never going to end. i'm such a baby, i need a glass of warm milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment