Sunday, March 14, 2010

AED and old ladies

i feel like AED and i have become special life partners this week. we had a lot of stuff going on. monday and wednesday i got to go knit with old people. surprisingly enough, i knit a mean hat. i was pleasantly surprised at my old lady knitting skills. it was supposed to be to teach old people how to make these hats and then they would make a bunch of them and then we would donate all of them to a homeless shelter. well they were kind of tired and the jazz game was on, so interest was not at an all time high. but that was okay with me because those old ladies were kind of cramping my style. trying to tell me how to knit hats right...whatever. i had my own little technique and it was working for me. granted my first infant hat turned out a little thick, and may be a hazard to a baby's soft spot, but at least that baby will look good when it starts bleeding out its ears. then i started a new, bigger hat that i didn't finish but is equally impressive. i brought it home with me to finish because i didn't trust anyone to finish it for me. cuckoo...

also, we had dr. samuelson's lecture on personal statements this week. i couldn't make it because of my bio lab, but we had our new signs out advertising it, and that was pretty exciting to see, i must say. they turned out really well. everyone stole the flyers out of them at first, but then we made new flyers with "do not remove" on them, and that did the trick. add a member meeting in there on monday, and it was a full week of AED. but it was actually kind of nice to get to know everyone better. one girl whipped out her guitar and started singing, the student advisor was trying to hook up with the old ladies...lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment