Sunday, March 21, 2010

time rolls by...so slowly

sometimes it feels like eternity until i hit med school. my friend shane got accepted this week to the U med school. i was seriously so excited for him. it just made me so anxious to get to that step. i went and talked to my counselor this week, and she was very optimistic about my potential to get into some of the schools i'm looking at. which is good because when i first went in to talk to her last semester, she wasn't so optimistic. maybe its the beard. i'm not very impressive at first sight. most women and children are frightened at my general appearance, but a select few see through to my sweet cuddly side. i'm just so excited to move to the next step. i take my MCAT in a year and apply to schools right after that. then a year after that, hopefully, i start school. i'm taking physiology this summer, along with gen chem II so that by the fall, i'll be all caught up to start O chem. i'm excited about physiology, just because the teacher is matt linton who is the AED faculty advisor. so hopefully i can get in good with him and TA or something. i also got my research schedule figured out, so i'll be hitting that hardcore this summer. can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. congrats on your chem test (and your .9 gpa in high school). Both are very impressive. you should look at UAA's (univ. of anchorage, ak) med school. you guys could cash in on that pfd they give to alaskans. PS will you have to wear a hair net over your beard if you do surgeries?

    ReplyDelete